Thursday, July 4, 2019

Baby Nursing Station

After 4 kids I have created my own system for when I am nursing. The Main reason is so everything is in one place... Ok let be honest here everything isn't in one place and it's not one set. I have a main set in one place (the living room on the right side of the couch) and then others throughout the house where I typically have the baby when nursing. Like the Bedrooms or Office. If baby spends a good amount of time there I usually have what is needed in arms reach. 

 Here is what I try to keep handy and in arms reach when nursing and how I put it all together. 


Cute Basket, tote or bag for storage. I try to find something easy to move around to where I am sitting. I usually keep this one by the couch. It matches my home decorating but can still be lifted and moved one handed. Bonus is it can be emptied and the liner tossed in the wash. 

Diapers and Wipes for baby. I keep at least one of my toddlers diapers in here too for those quick changes before feeding baby. Go with the bigger pack of wipes, so you don't have to replace them as often and several baby diapers. Update: I have also added in a folding changing pad, an extra outfit (onsie and sleeper) for baby and blanket just in case when things get messy.

Nursing gear, I have hot/cold gel packs stored here till I need to heat or cool them. I like to have a Nursing shield clean and in a case for when I need it and extra nursing pads. My nursing cream is with all this along with chap stick and hand sanitize. 

Several binkies because they tend to walk off with baby. I like to keep a few different brands on hand with a new baby because you never know what style they will like to start out with. Our living room Basket is our central binky location so as we find them they get dumped into that basket. 

Nail file, clippers and nose bulb. I like to trim my kids nails when they are asleep.When they are this little it's the easiest time for me to do it. Even better is after a warm bath, lotion them up, nurse them and trim away while they sleep. PS this is a good spot to keep a small thing of lotion if your little has dry skin.  

Nursing cover for when guests or others are around, baby hand mittens, socks, and several burp cloths. .If you don't have a cover you can also use a light blanket.

Several mommy snacks are a must!  While I nurse I try to use it as a reminder to eat and drink, for this it is nice to have several easy snacks and water bottles at arms reach. Sometimes I will throw a few snacks in for the kids because they always seem to ask for something when I just get started. I promise it's not always junk food. Granola or protein bars, fruit leathers and trail mix are a few other things I like. BIGGEST tip think on handed. 

Making everything in the basket neat and ready to go is the final step. I use a small cloth bag to hold the small stuff so it doesn't get lost in the bottom of basket. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have and thoughts, questions, comments or experience? Please share with us