Friday, June 14, 2019

Gifts for Those Who Have It ALL

OK So I am trying to help my mom with a birthday gift shopping. The challenge is: The pre-teen birthday girl comes from a well off family and she tends to get really nice and lots of gifts from family. 

What is your solution for shopping trips like this? I have the same problem for a few people who tend to buy what they want or need when they want or need it.... can you say PAIN IN THE BUTT to shop for?

Anyway this was a couple ideas I found for my mom and her pre-teen gift:
* Nail Polish
* Toe Separator
* Polish Remover
* Nail Gems/ Stickers
* Lotion 
* Journal
* Gel Pens/ Color Pens
* Cute Socks/ Flip Flops
* Round Beach Towel
* Hair Ties/ Head Bands

I told her to skip the makeup because you never know what another mom wants her child to wear or if she is ready for her daughter to be seen out and about with it on. Leave that one to mom, After all that's how she was with my 2 sisters and I. 


Another hard person I have to shop for several times a year are my in-laws. What ever we get we have to ship or have delivered to them. I am a crafter and love to make things personalized so having to buy it off Amazon and then ship it is hard for me, Although Nate Loves it because it costs WAY LESS. So how do we shop to fit them? 

We try to shop their interests, for my father in law he loves Harry Potter so we have bought HP Swag. The kids call him PAPA so we have done the PAPA Bear Shirts. My Mother in Law loves the Beach and anything relating to it so we have made a beach themed wreath. She also loves photos of the grand kids around so she now has several photo holders she can change the prints out of. 

My parents have a lot of remodel work at their home so we try to find something they need for a project they are working on or something to go with the project. We've gotten tools, supplies, kitchen items (several got lost in a move). 

So to recap Shop the persons:
* Age (check with Mom and Dad for littles)
* Interests/ Hobbies
* Nick Names
* Photos
*Projects 
* Things They Lost

When all the above fail and you can't think of anything unique buy a visa gift card or a card to their favorite store, gaming system or movie theater and put it into some kind of fun packaging.  

What are your tips and tricks for shopping for your difficult people?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have and thoughts, questions, comments or experience? Please share with us