Thursday, May 16, 2019

Hospital Bag Round 4

Round 4 of packing our hospital bag. I am a big prep person I make lists and then check them several times before I start to pack. and then I pack, unpack and repack as I add or take things out. 

This time around I am going for comfort. I hate wearing the hospital gowns while in the hospital. I will normally wear it for delivery and right after till I get a shower to clean up. After that I wear a home bought Hospital gown (no longer sold) but here area couple others that are nice. click here

For Baby Girl:


Hat and Headband
Socks
Burp Cloth
Blanket and Swaddle
Diapers and Wipes (our hospital provides but we take a couple)
New born and 0-3 month cool weather outfit
Newborn and 0-3 month Warm weather outfit 
Sleep Gown

About the outfits: our kids tend to be on the big size so I never know if they will be in newborn or in 0-3 month when they are born so I prepare for both sizes and when you have a spring baby in Michigan you never know if you are going home in sunshine, rain or snow. (We have had it all) 

For Mom:


Nursing bras
Going home outfit I normally wear black yoga pants a tank and sweater
Comfy hospital gown
Towel from home that is big and softer then hospital ones
Shower flip flops
Extra duffel to bring home goodies from hospital 

(not pictured) 
Wallet with id and medical cards
Birth Plan
Nursing Pillow
Robe
Bathroom Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toothbrush and paste 
Deodorant, Hair ties (take 2), brush, lotion, chapstick and makeup basically what you need to feel human again

For Dad:


I always end up packing his stuff too. My hubby works in the construction field so I never know what he is going to come home wearing so I make sure he has something clean to change into if we have to meet at the hospital (so far he's always been home when we go) 

Tee and Shorts (our hospital is kept really warm) and these can double as PJ's 
Under Clothes
Flip Flops or Shoes

Not pictured:
Blanket and pillow (hospital provides but not that comfy)

We also take things to do
 cards, movies on phone, charger, book (He usually has Harry Potter of some sort), snacks, headphones, journal, camera, list of baby names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have and thoughts, questions, comments or experience? Please share with us